Maven Repository: analysis
PMD scans Java source code and looks for potential problems like:
- Possible bugs - empty try/catch/finally/switch statements
- Dead code - unused local variables, parameters and private methods
- Suboptimal code - wasteful String/StringBuffer usage
- Overcomplicated expressions - unnecessary if statements, for loops that could be while loops
- Duplicate code - copied/pasted code means copied/pasted bugs
PMD is integrated with JDeveloper, Eclipse, JEdit, JBuilder, BlueJ, CodeGuide, NetBeans/Sun Java Studio Enterprise/Creator, IntelliJ IDEA, TextPad, Maven, Ant, Gel, JCreator, and Emacs.
pmd » pmd
Clirr is a tool that checks Java libraries for binary compatibility with older releases. Basically you give it two sets of jar files and Clirr dumps out a list of changes in the public api. Clirr provides an Ant task that can be configured to break the build if it detects incompatible api changes. In a continuous integration process Clirr can automatically prevent accidental introduction of binary compatibility problems in Java libraries.
net.sf.clirr » clirr-core